Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Obsessed, Are We?

So I have been obsessed with random music lately. Here are the obsessions:

1. Jason Robert Brown: Songs for a New World. (I sing "I'm not afraid of anything" and "I'd give it all for you" in the shower. I can't help myself. another shower pick is: "Come, Come Ye Saints" and "For Good" from Wicked)

2. Dream Girls Soundtrack: I have only seen bits and pieces of the movie but I randomely got the urge to listen to the music and there are a few songs I can't seem to get enough of. "Listen" "I love you, I do" and "And I'm telling you, I'm not going". I realize that everyone had their phases when they were obsessed with this movie. I am just a late bloomer.

3. The Very Best of Opera: Yes. I am classy. I was mostly obsessed with this during the summer but I certainly have my moments now. My favorite are the songs sung by the men. Particularly "Nessun Dorma" and "Donna Non Vidi Mai" both by Puccini. I also love "Recitar! ... Vesti La Giubba" by Leoncavallo. This one has me extremely confused. I can never tell if he is crying or laughing in it. My guess is crying. I wonder what he is crying about...if only I knew Italian. And of course the classic, "Rigoletto" by Verdi. This one gets me pumped for the day and reminds me of "Family Man."

4. Piano Cascades. It is this amazing CD with the most peaceful music you will ever hear in your life. It is just simple piano compositions with waterfalls and birds in the background. During the summer I would play this CD when I was reading a book outside on the hammock in the backyard and I felt like I was in heaven. But now I put it on when I go to bed and I am literally out before the first song is over. Its amazing! Try it.

No comments: